Rod Speed

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Vanessa wrote in message
oups.com...
ne333ro wrote
Vanessa wrote

How do we adjust a too-large stainless steel watch band?

Presumably you will get it done at the jewelry store

I first called a nearby jewelry store I found
in the phone book before asking you.

The guy who answered the phone said it would cost "only $40"
(which is more than I paid for the Wenger scuba dive watch at CostCo).

I asked what he based that fee upon and he said it would
take 20 minutes and he gets $120 an hour to fix watches
so his estimate was $40 dollars to adjust the steel band.

After that, I didn't call anyone else as it was clear it would
cost more than the watch to have the band adjusted.

Its not clear at all, you dont know that they all gouge like that.

Did you actually ask costco what they suggest you do about it ?

Bet they do have some way to get the bands adjusted.

And if they dont, return it for a full refund and ring around the
jewellers and find one that will match costco's price, tell them
what costco wants for that watch, and buy it from them and
get them to adjust the band when you buy it.