TURTLE

"jessica" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have decided to go with a 14 seer heat pump with back up propane.
Now the question is what size? Different contractors have said
anywhere from 3 ton to 4 ton. Only one contractor actually did a
Manual J. He determinded we need 41,000 BTU for cooling and 75,000 BTU
for heating. He recommends we go wtih a 4 ton unit. There are actual
BTU's and sensible BTU's, and given our area, we should size to 4 ton
to match the "sensible BTU's" Does this make sense? This contractor
has come with very good reviews. We just want to oversize the unit.

I live in southern maryland about 35 miles south of D.C. We have very
hot and humid summers.

Thank you!

Jessica

This is Turtle.

Go with the contractor that did the Manual J and go along with the 4 ton 14 seer
/ propane back up because some contractor have dought about the Manual J reading
and will up a 1/2 ton in there recommendations to remove errors.

i just can't picture Southern Maryland being a hot area of the country but could
see a humid area.

TURTLE