Ken

Norminn wrote:
clipped

If a tree is on your neighbors land and limb stick over to on your
land. You are responciable to trim and maintain any part of the tree
that is over or on your land. You can trim or do as you please with
any bush or tree that is hanging on

Somewhat true where I live. You can trim what is over your land UNLESS
the tree is owned by the city. Also, cannot mutilate trees (cut all
limbs from one side, etc). I can see why there are such laws. For
every law, there must have been at least one a--hole )

Interesting thread, and SAD Smitty has such a neighbor. I agree with
the above comment however. You have the right to remove limbs that
obstruct YOUR use of YOUR land, but you do not have the right to cut
limbs just because they overhang your property. If it were me and I had
been threatened with a suit by the neighbor, I would first tell the
police of the incident and ask them to explain the law to your neighbor.
Then I would trim what was necessary and stay on your own property
while doing so.

It does not sound like Smitty wants to destroy the tree, but just to be
able to use his land. Trees are an asset even when they exist on a
neighbors property.

Ken

or above your land. Now for leaves falling off it. You can cut the
limb on your side but you have to let the leaves fall as they please
from any limbs on the other fellows land.

TURTLE

P.S. I would still tell him to just Bite Me and cut them.