Doug

DJ wrote in
:

I am about to use Laticrete's SpectraLock epoxy grout on a kitchen
blacksplash. 4.25" square glazed tile, 1/16th grout line. I have the
"narrow grout line" additive.

I've done several tile jobs in the past, including floors, counters,
tub, shower, walls, but I've always used conventional grout.

Does anyone have experience with this grout? Advice? Tips and/or
tricks?

DJ

We did a small wall mural behind a stove with SpectraLock. I think it
took 1/2 to 2/3rds of a mini-unit.

I don't think it's as easy to use as they claim but everything came out
well in the end and it seems to be holding up very well. If you're doing
a large area, note that the times in the instructions are accurate. The
working time of the stuff is only about 30 minutes and you need to be
cleaning at 20.

I took a quick look at the instructions again to refresh my memory and
noticed that they say to wet the tiles before starting. I'm not sure we
did so that may have led to some of the cleanup difficulty we had. I'd
definitely wet them if I was working with it again.

The only other difficulty I remember having was mixing A and B. One of
the parts had chunks in the pouch and it took a bit of effort to dig them
out and mix them back in. There isn't much material to work with in the
mini-unit. I'm not sure if it was old or what but I didn't think it had
been for sale that long at the time.

Make sure to leave out some of the part C powder in exchange for the
narrow joint additive.

Doug