Gort

Randy Cox wrote:
"Zean Smith" wrote in message

I bought a bicycle rack from home depot and installed it in my garage, now
my wife says it looks like ****, so now I have to move it somewhere else.
But that rack comes with One-way screws, (like this one:
http://www.hudsonfasteners.com/sec/sec_ow_rhms.htm) I can't get it
out...help...

is there a tool I can buy to remove the screw? this screws are stupid..
actually my wife is stupid too.

help.

There are several good suggestions to choose from. If the others don't work
there is always the ez-out. They make a set of dies that have reverse
threads on them. You drill a small hole down the center of the shaft of the
stuck screw. Then you screw in the reverse threat die until it tightens up.
Remember, being reversed thread you screw it in counter-clockwise. When it
will screw in no more, it will remove the screw. It works for rounded bolt
heads or whatever. I've used mine maybe four times in the 15 years I've had
the set. Usually I can grip the screw head with channelocks or wirecutters
or something. If I had to find the easeouts..........that would be as big a
chore as working the screw out.

Randy R. Cox

Sears sells a boxed set of 3 sizes for about $25. That's not exactly
cheap, but IMHO well worth it when needed.

They last almost forever, and are under the Craftsman warranty.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.