TURTLE

"Curly Sue" wrote in message
In looking for a new AC, I ran across two with the same BTUs, same
manufacturer, same energy efficiency, but the difference is that one
removes 25% more humidity per 24 hr than the other. (Basically, that
one is the new model and the other is the discontinued but-still
-available-until-sold-out version of the same AC).

How can an AC be remodeled to remove more humidity?

Sue(tm)

This is Turtle.

The one that removes more humidity has a slower speed of blower to slow the air
down just a little to make the evaperator coil colder which will make more
moisture drop out. if you want to remove a 100% more humidity with any window
unit, you just use low speed on the blower and you got a super de-humidifier.
You can just slow or speed up the fan speed on the window unit to get more
humidity out or less out.

The slower the air passes through the evaperator coils, the more humidity is
dropped out.

The faster the air passes through the evaperator coil , the less humidity is
dropped out.

TURTLE