No Spam

"Rumpy" wrote:

*early* NiCad batteries did have a 'memory effect'. If you're dealing
with batteries manufactured in the last 15 years (at least), it is a
_non-issue_, due to changes in battery design.

This is also what I have heard. I have no real proof or reference, but
my understanding is the whole memory thing was a real problem back in the
'80's or when ever NiCad's first came out. The manufactures kind of quietly
fixed the problem years ago, but a most of us that can remember when Nissan
was Datsun just can't get it out of our heads, so the problem now lies in
the memory of the user, not the battery. As others have said, recharge both
NiMH and NiCad as soon as they start to slow down. - Or so I have been told.

Nickel Cadmium cells were invented 106 years ago in 1899, forget the
memory effect it simply DOESN'T exist.