mike hide

"Matt" wrote in message
om...
im looking for something to use to push up one end of a 7" LCD display and

thought id use a linear actuator. Only problem is that all the linear
actuators I look at are huge, push 1000 pounds, and go way too far. Is
there anything else i could use that is small and inexpensive to get the

job
done?

The actuator I got from Graingers is shown on my web page
http://www.members.tripod.com/mikehide2/ . Look under desks and check the
large desk with the leather paneled top . there is a shot of the elevator
mechanism I built , the electric actuator is clearly shown in the center.
The linear actuator has an electric motor which drives a screw jack with
about 12 + inches of travel if I recall....mjh