Chuck

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 18:52:10 GMT, "MARGRET HUNTRESS"
wrote:

My sister-in-law makes jewelry and loves cocobolo. She has asked me if I
could turn some small beads for necklaces. The beads need to be no larger
than 1mm, and must have a hole drilled in them for the necklace filament.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me before I start? Any help would be
appreciated.

Funny enough, my wife just asked me to turn some beads for her. I'm
using offcuts from pen blanks and things like that. Nothing as small
as 1mm, though. That's a mighty tiny bead. Probably take a #60 drill
for the holes, I'd imagine. I'm wondering, though, that at 1mm you'll
even be able to tell that they're cocobolo. The hardest part for me
is holding the bead after I part it off, so I can sand the end that
was toward the headstock. I sometimes use the bit itself, but more
often than not, the bead slips on it. Maybe a dowel or piece of drill
stock sanded to size is in order.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com