N. Thornton

Default Buying a house with a view to extend...

Tony Bryer wrote in message ...
In article , N.
Thornton wrote:

Yes, but of course if permission is granted the house/land then
suddenly becomes worth significantly more. So doing that before
purchase is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Yes but if you buy without PP you are gambling on whether you will
get it or not - and the higher the possibility the more this will be
factored into the price as hope value. If you were (say) a potential
self-builder would you get a mortgage on a piece of land on the basis
that you ought to get PP? Somehow I doubt it.

Indeed - this is the classic quandry with buying to build. If youre
confident you could resell the place for what you paid for it, buying
at an attractive price with the risk of not gettting planning has its
attractions, as well as its issues of course. All we can do is help
ensure the buyers eyes are open.

Regards, NT