D Murphy

"Jeff R" wrote in
u:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:29:21 GMT, Ignoramus15786

wrote:
On 8 Jul 2005 15:23:21 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Or, you could just bid on the damn auction and not try to cheat
the seller out of getting the right price. The only reason to
snipe is to pay less than you would if you were honestly bidding
for the item. You want the item, and you want to pay as little as
you can for it. By lowering yourself to using a sniping product,
you're cheating the other bidders out of the chance to bid
legitimately on the item.

I do not see any cheating here. I submit a legitimate bid at a
legitimate moment. I do not owe the seller a duty of giving him as
much money as possible.

And yet, you're using a shady tactic to bid without giving others a
chance to make their bids.

Rubbish.

Don't you understand how proxy bids work?

The only folk who are being robbed of a "chance" are those who are too
silly to bid their final, honest amount - the aptly named
"clueless-newby-increment-bidders".

Nothing wrong with nudging them out.

The problem I have with last minute sniping, is that often you end up
passing on an otherwise identical item, only to be out bid in the last
five seconds on the auction you're in. Meanwhile the other item sells for
less than you were willing to pay for it. Had I known some moron was
going to pay too much for this item, I would have had time to bid on the
auction that already ended.

I bid my maximum when I see the item I want. The way I see it is that if
I get outbid, then someone paid too much.

While we're on the subject of Ebay, the one thing that really ****es me
off is when a seller is listing say 5 identical items in seperate
auctions. So I bid on one, then some dope comes along and bids in $1.00
increments until he beats my bid. Meanwhile the other four items have no
bids. So now I have to start all over again.

--

Dan