Dave Hinz

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 02:39:30 +1000, Jeff R wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

And yet, you're using a shady tactic to bid without giving others a
chance to make their bids.

Rubbish.
Don't you understand how proxy bids work?

Yes, I do. Sniping is an intentional way to deny people who use it
properly from having an equal chance to win the item.

The only folk who are being robbed of a "chance" are those who are too silly
to bid their final, honest amount - the aptly named
"clueless-newby-increment-bidders".

Which is why I said "bid what you want to pay and see what happens".
Bid your final, honest amount, and if it's worth more than you want,
then you won't get it.

Nothing wrong with nudging them out.

And, nothing wrong with wanting an action that ends when the bidders
have all had an equal chance to decide when it's over.