Greetings,

I don't like the current legal system. I hate it. However, we are
forced to work within the system which is provided. I don't like my
taxes either and think the government should spend much less -- but I
pay them. It only takes one of the two sides to force the legal route.
The neighbor is going to take him to court if he touches the tree. If
he is sure the neighbor is bluffing he would have just cut the tree and
been done with it. My suggestion allows the case to be brought in
front of a judge without anyone suing anyone. The worst that could
happen is someone is required to pay a small fine for letting the grass
grow 1/4" too high.

I don't care if my neighbor comes an extra 5 feet into the edge of my
yard with a running lawnmower to cut my grass under his tree. The
neighbor doesn't have permission to be on the property otherwise or in
other areas not under the tree. I also don't think that the neighbor
would take him up on the offer. If he did, who cares, let him cut the
grass under the tree. Problem solved.

Hope this helps,
William