Modat22

On 8 Jul 2005 15:23:21 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 22:59:38 -0400, Kingfish Stevens wrote:
The best way to bid on eBay is to use a snipeing service like
eSnipe.com. Set whatever is the max you're willing to pay, to be
placed 5 seconds before the end of the auction. It's worked many
times for me.

Or, you could just bid on the damn auction and not try to cheat the
seller out of getting the right price. The only reason to snipe is to
pay less than you would if you were honestly bidding for the item. You
want the item, and you want to pay as little as you can for it. By
lowering yourself to using a sniping product, you're cheating the other
bidders out of the chance to bid legitimately on the item.

I'd pay extra for the option to sell items with "extend bidding by 15
minutes if any bids come in in the last 15 minutes" feature; some sites
have this. That way, the bidders all get an equal chance at an item,
and it's not a contest of who can pay for a faster network connection to
get that last-second snipe in for as little as they can pay.

I don't expect that this will change your mind, and please don't expect
that you're going to change my mind by justifying how it's not really
like that, it's really just trying to buy it for as little as possible
without giving anyone else the chance and all that.

I usually just watch the auction and place my bid 3 min before the bid
close. But I'll usually bid the highest amount I'm willing to pay.

I like beating out sniper services.