misterpaslow

Eric R Snow wrote in
:

I was using a chisel to remove, by scraping, foam tape from aluminum
frames. I was listening to the radio through headphones while doing
this. An FM station if that matters. Anyway, sometimes I could hear
the tape separating from the aluminum. I thought the tape must be
making a lot of sound if I could hear it through the headphones.
Removing them only made the process silent. Putting them back on I
could hear the hiss again. I think that there must be a charge being
released when the glue is scraped away from the substrate.
ERS

Did it sound anything like the file at this link?
http://home.earthlink.net/~lenyr/alsounds.htm

If it did, the aluminum was actually broadcasting
(The adhesive would have been acting as the electrolyte, your chisel as
the dissimilar metal)