Grant Erwin

I bought my Wilton 4" vise for $45 at Boeing Surplus and repainted it,

I saw your post about this on Google. Quite a bit more than repainting,
as I recall. Something about milling out the movable jaw to accept a
new thrust bearing? Still, I'd pay $45 for one, if you see another one :-)

Bob

Oh, yes, I remember now. I did mill out a pocket and fit the vise with a thrust
bearing. It wasn't a replacement, it was a retrofit, and it is said to be a
great improvement. The vise certainly works well.

Sadly, Boeing Surplus isn't at all what it used to be. I haven't been there in
years. Where do you live, Bob?

GWE
Kirkland, Washington