carl mciver

"Greg Postma" wrote in message
| My Mother in law has been under the weather the past couple of weeks, so
| SWMBO and I have been spending a lot of time with her in the hospital
| and her husband (at home). The FIL is starting to lose his faculties, so
| we have to check up on him daily, make sure he gets enough nourishment
| and generally make sure he takes his meds and bathes once in a while. I
| often sit with him and "relive" his past. This past weekend, he told me
| that he wants me to "get those dam tools outa the basement..."I'll never
| use them so please get them to a good home".....

I just had an idea that could kill two birds with one stone. Merge your
time spent with him to time spent with him _and_ his tools, and see what you
can learn from him while he's still "good." If he wants to relive his past,
then perhaps having him share his machine knowledge as well would do you
both a world of good.
I'm not you, of course, so whether this will work is for your and your
family to decide.