DoN. Nichols

In article . com,
Bugs wrote:
Hi Ed,
I inherited a rod straightener with a shop stock that I bought years
ago. It consisted of two sets of three closely spaced ball bearings

[ ... ]

The term you were looking for is the yield point.
____O__O_____
[Crude drawing}

Unfortunately, on a fixed-pitch font, it shows up with the lower
roller to the right of both other ones. I somehow doubt that was what
you intended.

Better to switch to a fixed-pitch font before drawing something,
and then *warn* people to read it with fixed-pitch as well, because
different proportional pitch fonts (or the same proportional pitch fonts
on different machines) behave differently, so your "drawing" is likely
to be distorted on various screens, and not show what you intended.
I'll try to change it so it looks right with a fixed pitch, and you can
see how far off it looks on your proportional pitch font.

I added one more underscore between the two top rollers to allow the
bottom one to be properly centered.

Now that you have seen how bad it looks, select a fixed-pitch
font like Courier for your newsreader, and see what it looks like. (And
what your original looks like, for that matter. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564