Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...

Ned Simmons writes:

I'm puzzled by the folks who think that a business is
obliged to send them an obviously expensive catalog just
because they ask for it. Especially when the whole catalog
is available online in a very convenient format.

Some companies actually *sell* their catalogs (although they
usually also send free ones to good customers). What's
interesting to me is that McMaster doesn't seem to mind providing
an exceptionally high level of service to people who apparently
don't deserve to get a catalog at *any* price. Do they want my
business or not?

Maybe it's part of the mystique. g Another thing that
only dawned on me recently is that McMaster *never* has
specials like Grainger, MSC, et al.

I've never looked at their online catalog, but I've never seen
one that was a complete replacement for a paper catalog. Anything
that uses a database has the problem of how to find something if
you don't whether it exists or not. Browsing through the
appropriate section of a paper catalog is more likely to get
results in that case.

It's worth a look-it's about as good as it gets for an
online catalog and ordering system. Despite having the
catalog, I do all my ordering online. If you want to browse
for an idea, I agree the print catalog is better.

Ned Simmons