Des Bromilow

Eric,

I own a taig, and have access to larger lathes... and know other people
with larger lathes, and unimats.
The concensus seems to be that if you can afford the space and money,
the second smaller lathe has distinct advantages... basically the
smaller lathe is easy to run, cheaper consumables, and more suited to
the task. My taig is more than adequate for the work I do, and I have
only had to go to the larger lathe when I've had issues with swing
siamters, or power.. I like the idea of changing chucks with only one
hand, instead of a crane.

I hope that helps,
Des Bromilow

Eric R Snow wrote:
I have been thinking about buying a Taig lathe for making small pins
and related parts. I have larger lathes but it seems like they are
always tied up when I need to make a small part. So, I was wondering
how well these lathes work and if they are comparable to larger lathes
if scale is taken into effect.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow