Bob Engelhardt

Grant Erwin wrote:
Bob, the world is FULL of used machinist vises. I have at least 4, and
threw away 2 recently because I couldn't find any takers FREE.

Well, I've been looking on eBay and all the available Wiltons are the
really suspect utility grade stuff:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Of the completed auctions (last 3 months) there was one sold for $81,
but the next cheapest was $128, and went up to $299. I'll keep looking,
but I'm not optimistic

I bought
my Wilton 4" vise for $45 at Boeing Surplus and repainted it, ...

I saw your post about this on Google. Quite a bit more than repainting,
as I recall. Something about milling out the movable jaw to accept a
new thrust bearing? Still, I'd pay $45 for one, if you see another one :-)

Bob