kip

If you don't have the knowledge to diagnose the fault
call a TV shop who can give you an estimate.
Believe me there is NOTHING you can do.

kip

"MD" wrote in message
I have a Mitsubishi VS-60803 CRT Rear Projection HDTV unit. It has this
problem where when it powers on, the green power light flashes on, then
shuts off half a second later. No image appears on the screen. There are
also four evenly spaced clicking sounds: the first two coincide with the
flashing, and along with the third, there is a quick, high-pitched whining
sound. The clicking is coming from the vicinity of the flyback
transformer.

I've opened up the back and made a cursory check, seeing no burned or
melted
parts. What further steps can I take to isolate the problem? Would it
likely be as simple as replacing the FBT?

Thanks