Jamaro

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
I am trying to follow what you did, but I got lost
along the way... Got any pictures ???

I have posted a picture in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking which
illustrates. I do not have one of the top curved rail but this shows the
straight bottom rail which uses the same approach.

How did you cut the dado and was the top rail already a curved
piece at that point ???

Yes I cut the piece to shape first and then routed the dado. I thought
initially that the dado would vary greatly in depth doing it this way but in
practice there was not much varation.

The spacers ( bits of slat material) were
then glued in position leaving them proud of the rail surface. Ensure

that
the depth of the dado is less than the depth of the slats to ensure that
they stand proud. The slats were left unglued and removed once glue had

gone
off. The rail could then be routed with a straight bearing bit to

conform
with the curve of the top rail. Refit and glue the slats back into

position.
Helps to number all the slats and put them back in the order they came

out.
Came out perfect

Regards
Jamaro