Erik

In article ,
dogpoint wrote:

I followed Grant's link to the MSC listing for the Wilton machinist
vise. Wow, I didn't realize they were that expensive. The fact that
they open to 6 inches would be great for me. My Asian vise always seems
to need another 1/2 inch of opening to hold the project I am working on.

Perhaps I will score a Wilton at a garage sale some day. Frankly, I
have too many vices already but it would nice a have a good one.

Rich

There is nothing like a good vise... as another poster noted, if you
snoop around some, you can find good used machinist vises most
everywhere.

Good Luck,

Erik

PS, Mount it so the fixed jaw 'hangs' past the edge of the bench a
little... so you can grab long stuff vertically. This simple act makes
bench vise's so much more versatile...