dogpoint

I followed Grant's link to the MSC listing for the Wilton machinist
vise. Wow, I didn't realize they were that expensive. The fact that
they open to 6 inches would be great for me. My Asian vise always seems
to need another 1/2 inch of opening to hold the project I am working on.

Perhaps I will score a Wilton at a garage sale some day. Frankly, I
have too many vices already but it would nice a have a good one.

Rich

Grant Erwin wrote:
Bob Engelhardt wrote:

I'm thinking of buying this 4 1/2" Wilton:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=426-1010

It's a great (new) price, especially if Enco has a July free shipping
promo. BUT, is the Tradesman still a quality vise, or has it gone
Asian and its quality to hell with it? I know Wilton has lesser
models that are definitely cheap Asian, but how about the Tradesman
specifically?

Thanks,
Bob

I don't know about its quality, but that certainly looks Asian to me.
It's their machinist vises that are still made in the US e.g.:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=1796911

GWE