Ned Simmons

In article 1120747530.370185.95490
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, says...
Secrets to getting a catalog:

Say you have 25 or more employees

I have one employee (me) and usually get a catalog every
year.

Say you are in manufacturing or steelfab, not a hobbyist

McMaster has no idea what my business is, or whether I even
have a legitimate business.

Do not say you are an engineer or purchasing agent, say you are
maintenance

They've never asked my function, and I've never told them.

Be angry on your second call, or at least say it's your second call,
and ask for a supervisor.

They have (or had, while I was there) this attitude that they only send
catalogs to those they "want" to do business with and meet certain
criteria. Credit doesn't have anything to do with it, and if you wait
for them to notice how much you order it may be a year before they do.

I'm puzzled by the folks who think that a business is
obliged to send them an obviously expensive catalog just
because they ask for it. Especially when the whole catalog
is available online in a very convenient format.

Ned Simmons