Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody have any tips for prying a catalog out of McMaster-Carr? I've
placed 2 orders and both times I asked for a catalog also but I've
never gotten one.

I think the deal is you need to have a Brad & Dunstreet rating, and apply
for a net 30 account with them......

Probly also helps if you happen to spend several grand / year with them.

I've never had a D&B rating in 25 years of being in
business. In fact, I enjoy baiting the D&B scammers when
they call looking for money for a service that is
absolutely useless to me.

My theory is that whenever your accumulated purchases
exceed some amount, which seems to be around $1500,
McMaster sends you a new catalog and resets the counter.
I've got about 10 years of accounting records in the
computer and can display purchases by year. The arrival of
new catalogs seems to correlate pretty well with this
model.

On the other hand, they could be running a lottery, and
sending catalogs based on a random drawing from the year's
invoices. Or everyone who ordered a package of 10-32
stainless steel flat heads this year gets a catalog. Next
year the secret purchase is a set of Bondhus wrenches. g

Ned Simmons