Blueman:

I too have used the MLCS bits quite a bit. I use them on my jobs, and
bang for the buck they are outstanding. I buy this set in 1/2":

http://tinyurl.com/acxrr

It gives you some good bits to goof around with, decide what you want
to do with your router, and explore some of the possibilities of using
multiple bits to form multple shapes. At least to give you a taste,
anyway.

Then when you know what you want to do or even decide if you want to
spend more time and dough with the router you will have a better idea
of what you want. As for MLCS, I have never read anything bad about
their product, and their customer service is pretty good.

Robert