Phil Anderson

Prometheus writes:
Hello all,

Since I spend so much time in the car during my daily commute, I was
thinking that I'd like to turn a knob for my stick shift out of a nice
hunk of cherry I've got sitting in the garage. snip

Way back when, I had a 1978 Chevy Luv with a wooden shift knob that was
purchased at an auto parts store. It looked really cool and felt good to
the touch, but it transmitted transmission noise. As I recall, it had a
metal insert in the top of it that said "Luv" or something like that. It
may have been the metal that was the cause, but I remember it was a really
irritating sound because it would change when you would grip the knob and
then let go. However, I love your idea and hopefully you won't experience
that noise. Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards, Phil
Visit my Web Site: www.philsfun.com