Knothead

It's too bad what has happened to Sears service. I used to work in the
teleparts center before they moved the entire warranty system online. My job
was to do what ever it took to get the right parts out to folks. They had
the boiler room where a customer called in and as long as they had the Sears
model number and a vague idea of what they needed generally the call was
done in 5 minutes or less.. I worked on the crew that figured out what the
front room couldn't get. Parts like that reel were generally transferred to
us live and we would figure it out. We weren't payed too much but the work
was really satisfying. Hell that ignitor, we'd have radio'd a truck out
before you got off the phone. Our customer satisfaction ratings were above
95%. That was 20 years ago now everything is online and to talk to someone
that has experience with real customer service skills are gone. To think
that they are outsourcing service now is so outside of the standards we
worked under it is unimaginable that it's the same company. When I left the
phone service center was moved down to Tucson where the cheap help could be
found. I can't imagine being the guy in Buffalo calling in for an obscure
snow blower part and talking to someone using "English as a second language"
and having any confidence in getting right the first time..

Knothead