Anthony

"monkers" wrote in news:1120695476.555305.26340
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I was asked to do some side work (have full time job) for some people
and was curious how you guys figure your hourly rate. I will be doing
some machine work and welding. Im curious how to figure in the amount
of electric used, welding rod/wire/75-25 gas, grinding wheels, wire
brushes, etc.... I dont want to rape anyone, but I dont want to work
for free. Im in the upstate NY area (2 1/2 hours from NYC). Any
guidlines you guys could throw my way would really help. Thanks,
Craig

Keep in mind that you will have to pay a minimum of 33% to the FED Gov't at
the end of the year on that money + any state income tax and other taxes.
So you need to raise whatever hourly rate you actually want, by at LEAST
that much, just to recoup the taxes, SS and FICA.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email