Duane Bozarth

SMC wrote:

We have a submersible well pump that we use for irrigation only. It was
installed about 2 years ago. We have already had to replace the
capacitors twice due to them busting and the liquid coming out.

Currently we are having an issue with the pump cycling on and off.

a. Does anyone know why the capacitors would be failing?

Sounds like they possibly were mis-sized for the pump...that is, the
starter doesn't match the pump. Of course, the cycling in b. won't
help.

b. Does anyone know why the pump would be cycling on and off, could it
be the pressure switch?

Could be, but that's the symptom of a waterlogged pressure tank which
is more likely the culprit...