toller wrote:
How do you have it attached to your contractor's saw? I tried doing mine,
but there are so many holes that it was pretty pointless.

What is spanish cedar?

I just rigged some cardboard to close the back of the saw (have to
remove it to move the blade off 90 degrees) and I have one of the "dust
hoods" that closes up the bottom and provides a 4" dust port. With the
vac I had that reduced down to 2.5" for the standard hose. It worked
pretty well, but with the DC I don't get any noticeable dust off the
blade coming out the top.

Spanish Cedar is pretty soft, but officially considered a hardwood
according to the guys at the lumber yard. Why I'm using it is a long
story, but it's commonly used raw for outdoor shutters because it has
great moisture tolerance, i.e. it gets wet but dries very thouroughly
wihtout disfigurement. It's also commonly used for humidors.

The shop smells wonderful!