DoN. Nichols

In article ,
lionslair at consolidated dot net "lionslair at consolidated dot net" wrote:
ted harris wrote:

In news:lionslair at consolidated dot net" "lionslair at consolidated dot
net "lionslair at consolidated dot net" typed:

ted harris wrote:

Well, anyway, I have a friend that has a;
HP Preis Engraving Machine
Panto-engraver

[ ... ]

I have used the following for HP parts http://www.printerworks.com/ and
they get the HP parts. Helped me on my E-size printer...

[ ... ]

Are you referring to Hewlett-Packard?
Perhaps you should reread my original post.

HP is Hewlett-Packard. Did you go to the printerworks web page ?

*Some* "HP" is Hewlett Packard, but I don't believe that "HP
Preis" is or ever was a part of Hewlett Packard. I believe that this is
why he suggested that you should reread his original post. I've never
seen any form of machine tool made by Hewlett Packard. (But I have some
*nice* test equipment made by them.)

Now the real question is it a real HP item and supported by HP now
or is it one transfered to the HP spin off - that constantly changes the name -
at least twice IIRC - due to name issues. Agilent IIRC.

Since it is a machine tool, not a computer peripheral or a
piece of electronic test equipment, this does not seem to matter.

Agilent makes machines and equipment. HP makes printers and computers now.
The HP instruments on our shelves are Agilent serviced.

Martin [former worker in the bay area.]

Now, *I've* got one of the real HP's early computers (well --
mid-early, the 9816). That one has (apparently) ROMs which have half of
every 16-bit pair corrupted, based on the corrupted "text" on the screen
when it is trying to find either a boot device or a language in ROM.
(Yes, I've used the 9826 and 9836 at work, so I know how they normally
behave. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564