G Henslee

Texas Yankee wrote:
Thanks - I'll probably replace the existing backsplash with something very
similar - same size, same laminate material - assuming that the drywall
paper peels off when I remove the old backsplash, what type of prep do I
have to do before putting up the new laminate backsplash? If the wallboard
comes off in chunks with the old laminate backsplash, then do I need to
piece in replacement wallboard before putting up the new backsplash? Thanks
again!

If it's just some of the paper that comes off I wouldn't sweat it.
Install the new splash over it, no harm no foul. But it would be best
to replace the drywall if it's broken.