Doug Kanter

"CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
I don't know what the deal is, but thinking back over the years, I don't
recall it ever happening with a lamp or fixture in which the bulb is
installed with the base down - only with base-up situations.

wrote in message

Hey,
I have had the same problem. Whats the deal with these ceiling fan
lights. Dont they make the sockets the right size or what. Ours got
so bad we junked the whole thing after several bulbs broke off in my
hand.

Probably because ceiling fans vibrate and regular lamps dont. Perhaps the
bulbs were not designed for a vibrating environment.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

Vibration will affect bulb life, but not the tendency of the bulb's threads
to get locked in place. And, the same thing happens with base-up
installation in things that do NOT vibrate, like certain light fixtures.