George

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Cellulose is sugar. Breaking it up might be useful.

I think there is where the NEV would go negative...but I've not looked
into the chemical process balance in depth as yet.

The easiest way to break up the cellulose is to
feed it to cows. Nothing negative to that; the
cows make it into milk or beefsteak.

That is what is done w/ it at present--the suggestion was to process it
further chemically as part of the ethanol extraction process--and that
process is what would be more energy in than additional out.

As noted earlier, it's likely in my estimation that a limiting factor in
the economics of biofuels will be the saturation of markets for the
secondary products unless major new/additional usages can be
created/found.

Well, no. Suggestion of digestion by the same bacteria that fill the gut of
the ungulates to yield methane would be more appropriate.