Modat22

On 6 Jul 2005 11:40:09 -0700, "bremen68"
wrote:

Howdy all. Looking for some info on running a power tap from my house
to the shop and garage.

I'm planning on running a 220 drop from the house box to the shop and
then on to the garage underground. Probably 25 feet between the house
and the shop, and then 40 or so to the garage.

What advise, hints, shortcuts, gauge wire, conduit suggestions do you
have?

I realize I'll probably have to run anything through my local inspector
before completing it. I'm in Pennsylvania.

If you happened to catch an earlier post of mine I have a 20" planner
and several other items that are gonna be needin power moving to my
place soon.

Thanks....

How many amps feed do you plan to use?

After you get your trench dug, I recommend pulling the wire in the
conduit before you put it in the ground, #3 aluminum and # 6 copper is
kinda hard to pull when its in the ground. If you don't do this at
least put the largest pull string in the conduit before burial.

Find out what your grounding requirements are for your area. Chances
are you will be needing to install a ground rod at your building. This
actually is nice since you won't have to pull a separate ground from
your house so 1 less wire to buy.

Oversize your electrical feeder to your shop and size the breaker in
your outside box for the over sized wire.