CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Bob_M" wrote in message

802.11b WiFi was the culprit.

Must be that LG's remotes are RF instead of IR. When someone was in
the room with a WiFi session going on, randomly the A/C would come on
by itself. Without the WiFi it stays off.

And we all thought the days of random opening of garage doors was solved by
changing frequencies. I guess this is the new door opener. Thanks for the
update.

lol, well not exactly. 802.11b is 2.4GHz. its a public frequency thats
why its popular. Cordless phones use the same frequency. Basically any
consumer device can use 2.4GHz because its public. That includes said
A/C unit. Its just poor implementation on the a/C units part.

If you wish you can go to the new 802.11g I believe it is which uses
5.4GHz. or better to replace the part that is not robust, the A/C thingy.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert