Sam Goldwasser

"NSM" writes:

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message

There's no way to avoid shorting adjacent turns. Else, there would be
gaps in the output voltage! However, the width could be important
to avoid shorting more than one adjacent turn.

ISTR some specification for resistivity for that purpose but these days you
have to use what you can get.

Probably is and would matter for a high power Variac. I wonder what
the limiting factor is on current between adjacent turns. What other
factors will be important besides resistance of the winding and brush/
contact?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.