HerHusband

Building a 12x16 shed. Need to raise the walls but too heavy to safely
lift and set in place on my own. Other than begging the neighbours, do
you have any recommendations or equipment suggestions to do this on my
own?

Build the walls in sections you can lift yourself.

My wife and I built a 24'x28' garage and a 40'x40' house by ourselves. I
would build the walls in 8' sections, and she would help me tilt them up
each evening. She would hold the section in place while I lined it up with
the existing walls, plumbed it up, and screwed on a diagonal brace. We did
a few 12' sections too, but the eight footers were a lot more manageable
for the two of us.

You may use a few more studs than building the walls in a single section,
but it's not a huge difference.

If you absolutely have to work alone, you could raise 4' sections on your
own (or maybe 8' sections if you're up to it). Or, build the frame first,
and apply the sheathing once it is in place. I had to do this for the front
wall of our garage, and screwed blocks of wood to the top edge of the
plywood. I could then "hang" the sheet on the wall and it supported itself
while I nailed it in place.

If you take your time and think things through, you'll be amazed what you
can accomplish by yourself. Use bar clamps to hold or pull things together.
Screw on blocks of wood for guides or additional supports.

Anthony