dadiOH

Brian Grimm wrote:

Finally, what is a good joint to use for the fixed shelves? I'm
looking at the top, bottom, and one in the middle for a little
stability. I've looked at putting a 3/8 dado in the upright, and a
3/8 x 3/8 rabbet in the shelf, or just a 3/4 dado in the upright.
Which of these would be best, or is there a better joint?

Personally, I like a 1/2" tongue into a 1/2" dado. The shoulders top
and bottom on the shelf hide all of the dado and align it exactly.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...