Gunner

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 08:36:09 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:39:25 -0400, Rob wrote:

Hi all,

I'm reconditioning a Centauro 20" woodworking bandsaw. The saw has a
foot operated brake for stopping the driven wheel. When I disassembled
the bottom wheel, the brake pad on the foot brake was worn completely
down to metal and needs to be replaced. This is a specialty item on
an ancient bandsaw so the part will not be available locally.

I am assuming I can replace the pad with a lining material available
from an auto parts supplier. What is the best method to attach the
new lining to the pad (epoxy)? Will lining material be able to be
formed to an arc to match the drum circumference?

Thanks for any help.
- Rob

For what its worth..fire hose canvas works pretty good for brake
material for things like this.

Gunner

Also, regular, good old fashioned cork. Vacuum bottle cork. Wine
bottle cork.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner