Richard

Default McCulloch Strimmer Line

"Chris" wrote in message

"Frank P" wrote in message
s.com...
: [Note crossposted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening]
:
: I have an old 28cc McCulloch Strimmer (without brushcutter attachment)
: and I'm getting really tired of having to replace the line, and the
: 'bump feed' has never worked since day one so I'm forever having to
: stop to feed out more line from the spool.
:
: So, what's to stop me (other than for safety reasons) from replacing
: the plastic line with say, stout steel wire?
:
: Pros & Cons?
:

Nothing AFAICS, when I worked for.... when I was employed by the council,
all our strimmers were adapted/fitted with steel cable, line trimmer part
removed of course.

I expect that, as responsible employers, the council insisted that all the
operatives wore the appropriate protective gear and of course they have
adequate levels of third party and public liability insurance. As a thread
in a DIY NG I would have thought what a public body does or does not do is
not really appropriate.

Richard.