Gunner

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:01:54 GMT, xray
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:49:03 GMT, "DeepDiver" wrote:

"xray" wrote in message
. ..
I've been looking for a 4-jaw chuck for my lathe. Here's one that I was
following, but I think got too high for some reason:

Several others have explained the bidding history on the auction in
question, so I won't belabor that point.

However, if you don't mind a shameless plug, I'll soon be listing a Bison 8"
4-jaw independent plain-back lathe chuck (in very nice condition) on Ebay.
Note that since it's plain-back, you'll have to make or purchase an adaptor
to mate it to your spindle.

Just thought you might be interested in checking it out. I'll be happy to
let you know when I list it if you're interested.

- Michael

Thanks to everyone for the explanations.

I guess I expected the automatic bids to show up as a new entry every
time the current higest bidder changed. Now, with the explanations, I
understand what I saw.

I was in on the bidding for a Buck chuck a few days ago. I bid only in
the last minute with a bid a good bit higher than the price at the time,
but not good enough to win. It went for about $20 over my highest bid.

I am looking for another option on a decent 4-jaw, so I may get
invovlved in your auction, Michael. This last auction mentioned here was
not the proper back for my lathe, so I was already planning on
remounting it if I got it.

What size are you looking for? Ive got 4 jaws coming out my ears.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner