Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
All,

I'm in the process of buying a new house in Pennsylvania after retiring
from the Coast Guard in Maine. Our house inspector made a notation that
#38 & 40 breakers were double tapped. My question is whether this is a
really bad thing, or something we should not worry about (and what is a
double tapped breaker?)? Also the inspector noted the service entrance
wiring was aluminum, but noted it as satisfactory (the rest of the house
was Romex).

I assume he means that there are two wires connected to the
terminal on those breakers. This is not allowed unless the
breaker is specifically designed to accept multiple
conductors.

Ned Simmons