CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Andy Hill wrote:
wrote:

I just got a gas one. BBQed 4 times and it is a mess. The Stainless
Steal grate is easy to clean but the inside is discolored from heat,
grease, and burger runoff.

Has anyone ever tried coating the bottom (under the burners) with
aluminum foil each time?

I suppose you could, but WHY? There's not a grill out there (or stove, for
that matter) that stay's "factory clean" inside. If you want to clean a gas
Weber, just cover the grate with aluminum foil, flip the burners on "high", and
let 'er run until 5 minutes or so after the smoke stops. There will be a bit of
ash on the grate afterwards, but's it's easily cleaned.

WEber recommends you do not cover the grates with foil. They say this
will disturb the airflow and cause uneven or otherwise inferior grill
operation.

I use a drip pan under the food gril, and i cover the drippan with foil
rather than try to keep cleaning the drip pan. I have a charcoal grill
though.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert