Dave

All:

Sounds silly, I realize, but I'm having a bit of a problem replacing a
damanged power cord on my Delta Contractor's Saw. (Discovered quite by
accident that the cord had been resting on the drive belt (!!!), and
the black insulating jacket had been reduced to a pile of powder
leaving about 2" of fully exposed wire. For a small slit, I'd consider
just wrapping electrical tape around it, but I thought this damage was
too severe for that).

The problem arises with removal of the cord at the front switch. The
cord attaches to the switch at three terminals, two of which are
simple push-terminals and were pulled off easily with a pair of pliers.
The third terminal, however, is an o-ring secured to a rectangular
metal bracket via a small screw. That screw, despite much gnashing of
teeth and attempts by several people, will NOT budge.

Could someone advise if that screw post is secured by some type of
fixative or compound that purposely prevents removal? Or am I just the
unfortunate recpient of a cross-threaded screw? Or does Delta intend
for me to replace the whole thing - switch and cord - if the cord
becomes damaged? I suppose I could just cut the cord at the screw
terminal post and splice a new cord in its place, but that seems like a
sloppy repair..

Thanks for your help.

-David

that happened to me too. I cut out the damage and used wire nuts to wire
it back together, along with some electrical tape. works fine. seems to
me that delta needs to relocate their power cords.