HMFIC-1369

Ownership is Ownership regardless of Product, Pretty much everything is
copyrighted software and everything else. I'd say that if you purchase a
schematic or plans they to will include an agreement thet further protects
them. Certainly allow me to build one, but not 10....either to sell or give
away! As for books themselves let say you purchased the book, and you mother
is blind it would most certainly be illegal for you to transpose it to
braille or audio even though no such media exsists for that book. Or even
say for it's own protection that this book is one of a kind and no longer in
print,

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
HMFIC-1369 wrote:

That's not correct! It has nothing to do with the evasion of copyright
protection. If you have licensed software, you are prohibited from

giving it
away even if you no longer need it. If I gave you my copy of XP when I
installed Linux, I broke the law. Over all though it has only to do with
making a copy.. copy-right. You buy one item and make a "copy" that

violates
the law.

We are not talking of software licensing agreements here...they're not
copyrights.

We're talking about a simple copyright on a document.

It is perfectly ok to take and give away your book after you read it--it
is also perfectly ok to resell it to someone else after your done. It
is not ok to make a copy and give that to someone else or resell the
copy.

Same thing here---

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
HMFIC-1369 wrote:

Not many of you give things much thought. You can see that this guy

wants
something for nothing, which he does. On the other hand, should the

Federal
Government have the Right to stop anyone from sharing something you

no
longer need. ...

If you no longer need it, there's absolutely nothing preventing you

from
giving it to anyone else (or even selling it). What is proscribed

is
making copies for the express purpose of evading copyright

protection...