Since you say you can drop the temperature to 180 degrees, it sounds as
if you ought to be able to accomplish a 225 degree level. I don't
understand exactly how you are doing this. My barbeque is simple
minded and has no safety features.

Some barbeque regulators have a cap that can be removed and the
pressure setting of the regulator changed. You might check that.

Dan

Darek Fisk wrote:

I need to lower the temp on my BBQ from about 275F (present min setting)
down to 225F to do some slow cooking. By opening tank valve with knob-valves
open I can trip safety on my tank regulator in to slow flow what gives me
about 180F but it is non adjustable and can not be increased.

Thank you for response.